Anyone can support Don’t Bank on the Bomb Scotland’s campaign by contacting their bank, pension fund, local councillors and MSPs about nuclear weapons divestment.
Below you will find briefing sheets, template letters and links that will help you to take action.
Scottish Local Government Pension Scheme
- Click here for our briefing sheet on the Scottish Local Government Pension Scheme.
- Click here for our Lothian Pension Fund briefing sheet.
- Click here for our Strathclyde Pension Fund briefing sheet.
- Click on the name of your local authority pension fund to see whether it has investments in nuclear weapons: Dumfries and Galloway, Falkirk, Fife, Highland, Lothian, North East Scotland, Orkney Islands, Scottish Borders, Shetland Islands, Strathclyde, Tayside.
- If it does, write to your local councillors to explain why you think the fund should divest. You can use our template letter or compose your own.
- Ask your councillor to pass on your concerns to the convenor of the pensions committee.
- Attach or enclose a copy of our model resolution and suggest that your councillor puts it to the council. Click here for more info on the model resolution.
Click on the links below to view and print our double-sided leaflets on the Scottish Local Government Pension Scheme.
- Scottish Local Government Pension Scheme leaflet
- Lothian pension fund leaflet
- Strathclyde pension fund leaflet
Scottish Parliamentary Pension Scheme
Information: Click here for details of the fund’s structure and investments.
Information: See section 6 of this report for details of the investments and investment policies of NatWest Group (formerly RBS Group), Lloyds Banking Group (including Bank of Scotland) and Standard Life Aberdeen.
Visit our partner organisation’s Investing in Change site for information about other British financial institutions.
Leaflets: Click here to view and print our double-sided leaflet on Scottish banks.